Jake began his career in construction in 1997. In 2006 he went back to College and received a Mechanical Engineering Degree. He worked for a Global Energy Management Company as a Design and Manufacturing Engineer. He received his MBA from Weber State University in 2018. Jake is a Certified Professional Inspector, in good standing, through INTERNACHI. He is Licensed, and Insured and a member of the Salt Lake board of Realtors. Jake is passionate about renewable energy solutions and helping people to maximize value from their new, or existing home. Jake specializes in utilizing technology for inspections and inspecting the home as a “System”. He has lived in and renovated older Salt Lake homes for 25 years.
In his spare time, Jake is the Safety Chairman for the PTA at Highland Park Elementary in Salt Lake City, and when he is not Inspecting Houses, or directing traffic at the school, he enjoys fly fishing, skiing and anything outdoors with his family.
Jake started Sugarhouse Inspections with the philosophy that customer expectations should be exceeded, not just met.
- 15 plus years of construction experience
- Use state-of-the-art equipment, such as a gas-leak detector and infrared camera
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Member in good standing of American Society of Mechanical Engineers ASME
- MBA Graduate from Weber State Universities John Goddard School of Business and Economics
- Member in good standing of the Utah Real Estate Inspectors Guild (UREIG)
- Member in good standing of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
Completed the following InterNACHI courses:
- Online Inspector Examination
- Code of Ethics Course
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector course
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know course
- Residential Plumbing Inspection course
- Residential Electrical Inspection course
- Roof Inspection course
- HVAC Inspection course
- Exterior Inspection course
- Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection course
- Deck Inspection course
- Moisture Intrusion Inspection course
- Green Building course
- Wood-Destroying Organism Inspection course
- Mold Inspection course
- Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers course
- Radon Measurement Service Provider course
- How to Perform Energy Audits course
Start Your Path to Peace Of Mind
Don’t be surprised by high-cost repairs or safety issues. Be sure you know the house before it becomes your home.